Sunday 28 April 2013

La Mesa at Koramangala


Location: Koramangala (Bangalore)

I wanted to try Mexican last night. The only caveat … I didn’t want to spend too much on places like Habanero; which are good but come at a high price.
I filtered for Mexican restaurants in Bangalore on Zomato and Burrp and this placed called La Mesa in Kormangala, popped up. I had not heard of this place before. What made me curious about this place was that burrp suggested only Rs. 250 for an average meal for two here. I quickly read through the reviews. Although there were only a few reviews  people were raving about the food. I settled on giving it a try.
The place is small and non-ac, QSR. Doesn't offer an ambiance  They have a decent Leb-Mex menu along with dine-in and home-delivery options. They don’t have a drinks menu but serve soft-drinks at mrp. The food is they serve is good! Some things are great while others are ‘not bad’. Here is what we tried:

Burrito Bowl with with Beans and Vegetables
 This was the best thing I tried there. As i started to dig in, the flavors gradually sinked in. The sour cream and cheese topping made it even more flavorful.

Pita with Hummus and Falafel
This was just okay! A mish-mash of too many flavors and I couldn't get the distinct taste of hummus I was looking for.

Quesadillas with Cheese Beans and Vegetables
Again this was a good preparation! The filling was nice and a great sour cream served alongside added so much to the taste.

All this in just Rs. 255/-. The pricing and reviews were correct! Great mexican taste and value for money sums up this small, relatively unknown joint.

People not looking for a fancy place but in search for great taste ... do give it a try!

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete