Saturday 10 December 2011

Spoonful of Sugar


Location: Bangalore (Indira Nagar)


Quietly tucked away in one of Indira Nagar bylanes is Spoonful of Sugar (SOS)! I came to know about this place through word-of-mouth. On the first instance it appeared to be overpriced. But, once you’ve tried the delectable variety there, you will realize it’s worth it!! Since, that first time about an year ago, I have been a regular to this place.

A totally blissful place for desserts.! I’m especially highlighting the desserts here!! There are other offerings like sandwiches, pastas etc. but nothing beats the pies, tarts, pastries and cheese cakes here! My personal favorites are Blue Berry Cheese Cake, Mississippi Mud Pie, Raspberry Cheese Pie and Dutch Truffle! Awesome \m/! Writing about it makes my mouth water! Yum Yum!

The pastries just melts in your mouth and you can’t resist from gobbling up the whole thing. Make sure you ask at the counter to warm up the pastry if appears to be too frozen.

Recently I introduced this to some colleagues from office. Four of us went to SOS on Friday for lunch. We ordered sandwiched, pastas etc.  and when all of that was gone and done we went in for the kill! Dessert!!!!! Initially we ordered two pastries but they were eaten off in no time and we were left craving for more. And we ended up ordering two more! My colleagues just loved it and one of them kept talking about taking it home for his wife. We are definitely going there again!

Their sandwiches are good but not great I would say. My choice is the Mediterranean Grill!

And today I went in again with Cheena and we decided to try their Lasagna which was on the specials list of items for the day. Not to my surprise it was great too! Not too heavy on the tummy and yet truly enjoyable.
And ofcourse how can you not order a dessert item when you are at SOS! We went for ‘Raspberry & Baileys’! Chocolaty and tangy raspberry, the combined flavour gives your mouthful a great treat for the day! We came out refreshed and a bit more sweeter!




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking me to this place! pastry was yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope u and Sexy taking me to SOS wen I am in Blore??

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sudipa- come soon.. will have great time and defiantly SOS is must in itenary :-)

    ReplyDelete