Thursday 15 December 2011

Real Fresh Dosa

Location: Bangalore (Marathalli)


How many of us are street food lovers???? Well I am one for sure!

You might have had dosas in air-conditioned hotels, at the numerous famous darsharnis  or at home but, if you have  ever tried dosa made on a sigdi (charcoal stove), then I’m sure your experience must have been delightful.

I came to know of this really great spot while shopping around in Marathalli. I was just passing by the Woodland factory outlet and noticed a crowd of people around a thela (push – cart) right in front of it.  What I saw tickled my taste buds. This thela was serving a variety of dosas cooked on a sigdi, typically what you get in Mumbai. 




Bangaloreans … whenever you are in that area and need to grab a bite in between your shopping spree, this spot is a good option. This stall on the street is called “Real Fresh Dosas” (though the name will be hardly visible).  The place may seem to be tacky but for the sake of taste and to preserve the sanctity of street food, food lovers need to try.  I have tried this place several times and I’m alive!

So, what’s different about him??
He serves around 50+ varieties of dosas and these are not the regular ones you get in the usual places. He uses mixes/masala made from cabbage, soya sauce, schzewan sauce, bell pepper and the like. And you have Cheese/Paneer topping on it.
Slurp! Slurp! Slurp!

The dosas are wafer thin and very light! One person can easily have two without feeling full till the throat. Besides, they are so yummy that you would definitely want to have a minimum of two!

My suggestions are below in order of scrumptious-ness:
1.       Spring Dosa
2.       Cheese Shezwan Mysore Masala
3.       Kerala Paneer Masala
4.       Shezwan Cheese Masala

And you have to watch how this guy prepares these dosas. It’s like at lightning speed. He moves soo fast, I couldn’t even click his picture properly. 







1 comment:

  1. Spring was fantastic!!! Even I can have two of those :-)

    ReplyDelete