Monday 12 December 2011

Sandwiches


This post is my first attempt at sharing my cooking experiments with you. You will notice that all that I try are easy to cook dishes. For those people who don’t shy away from cooking, be on the lookout for more such posts!

It’s general knowledge that Cooking needs time, energy, resources, and patience. Plus if you are experimenting then you need a subject to taste your stuff …. Lucky me ;-)  I have Sakshi as my guinea pig! LOL! She is a big fan of “healthy food”. Gives me a headache!
I have fed her with my red sauce pasta, sand-wiches, vermicelli and a host of other stuff. She has survived each time!! Phew!!

But before starting out you need to have the correct ingredients!  That’s the first and an important step. Like always I went shopping for some exotic veggies from the supermarket and also picked up a couple of sauces besides the ones I already had at home.
This time I wanted to try a Grilled Club Whole Wheat sandwich using a mix of stir fry exotic vegetables including some Leafy ones. Add to those dashes of some good sauces!

Ingredients:
Veggies - Mushroom, Tomato, Bell Pepper yellow & green,  Lettuce, Zucchini , Onion
Seasoning – Oregano, Basil ,  Black Pepper, Salt
Spread- Mustard sauce , Sand-wich spread and Mayonnaise (you get these in eggless)
Oil for stir fry – Olive oil preferably
Bread- Whole wheat brown  bread

Method:
Chop all vegetables except the Lettuce. Heat Olive oil in a pan and add the vegetables. Add salt, black pepper, basil and oregano and stir fry till they are golden brown.

Take a slice of brown bread, spread a layer of mustard sauce. Lay a layer of Lettuce leaves. Spread the vegetables on top. Now take the other slice of bread and spread the sandwich spread on it. Also, add a little mayonnaise on top of the veggies. You may also spread some cheese if you want.

Bring the two slices together and put them in a griller/sand-wich maker.
Make sure you spread a thin layer of butter (lite) on the exposed bread slides for a crispy grill.

That’s about it. Wait for the light to turn green and yummy, juicy and healthy sand-wiches are ready to be had hot hot!



Enjoy them with some Orance juice. It really goes well with this!
Do try and let me know how it turned out! Have fun cooking!




3 comments:

  1. I can vouch for this one!! the sand-WICH was superb ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit man I want to EAT this!
    You're so lucky to have a guy who can cook! :P

    DJ you're making this for me next time okay?

    ReplyDelete